My new shelf...

Posted by Mary Grace (MGD) on Friday, February 1, 2013.

I have been scouring antique shops all over town to find a primitive shelf for our breakfast area.  There were a few that I thought looked interesting wasn't "right" or the size wasn't too small or too big.  As I was cleaning out the garage one afternoon, I saw a pile of wood our previous owners left.  Hmmm..... I started thinking.... "How hard is it to build a shelf?"  Not hard at all right?  Nah---so I brought my idea to Dave.  Before I let him say NO, I drew out what I wanted and showed him the wood.  I also showed him some shelves that others built on Etsy and I just knew that he could do it.


Here is the wood I found in the garage....
:
Let the project begin!


Working in the cold garage....

Here it is...all put together!
Here it is...painted black and we usedsand paper
to give it that "primitive/antique" look!

New Breakfast Room Furniture! 
We LOVE the settee with the green pillow to brighten it up! 
(Spray SCOTCH GUARD on this baby!)

Shelf on the wall!

We love this!  We eat breakfast and dinner here.  The kids do homework here.  On a lazy Saturday morning when we have no errands to run Dave and I sit and drink coffee here and look out in the backyard.  PERFECT

 

No Responses to My new shelf...

Leave a Reply